Connect with us

De La Hoya Has Formal Offer Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia Bout

De La Hoya Has Formal Offer Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia Bout

Boxing News

De La Hoya Has Formal Offer Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia Bout

Tom Hogan- Golden Boy

De La Hoya Has Formal Offer Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia Bout

Not that it was unexpected, but now, the doubt about finalizing a proposed Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia mega fight has apparently subsided. This after Golden Boy Promotions owner and CEO, Oscar De La Hoya, revealed that he and Garcia are in receipt of a formal contract from Premier Boxing Champions, etc. for the tentative April bout.

De La Hoya showed the actual paperwork in an instagram photo with Garcia on Tuesday night,

“Devil is in the details. April 15 let’s go!!! @kingryan @gervontaa ,” De La Hoya wrote in the post with the photo.

The hall of fame fighter turned promoter created some stir late Saturday by revealing that Garcia’s side had not been presented a formal contract offer for the tentatively scheduled fight of April 15th. And, he further threatened to have Garcia walk away, if there wasn’t paperwork by Monday.

Alas, Monday came and went and De La Hoya still got what he desired by Tuesday.

As we wrote previously, Davis and Garcia announced jointly in November that they had agreed, in principle, to meet in a what would be one of the most interesting and lucrative bouts in all of boxing for 2023.

Garcia, 23-0, 19 KOs, was last in action in July in his second bout of 2022 for Golden Boy Boxing and after taking considerable time off for mental health issues and a hand injury. Garcia overwhelmed veteran Javier Fortuna by knocking him down three times, including for the final time less than 30 seconds into the six round for the win,

Davis is ready too

For his part, Davis, now 28-0, 26 KOs, was just in the ring in a previously scheduled Showtime PPV last weekend in Washington D.C. That’s when “Tank” stopped Hector Luis Garcia (no relation to Ryan) after eight rounds for a TKO.

Davis told the media post-fight about the potential to finally meet Ryan Garcia after more than two years of discussion and motivation,

“God willing, I’m ready for the fight,” Davis said. “It’s scheduled for April. I’m here. He’s been training. He’s been talking. And let’s see who’s really about that. On my end I’m ready. I’ll be in the gym Monday. Well, not Monday. I’ll probably take a week off but I’ll be back for sure soon.”

Davis-Ryan Garcia will be one of the most anticipated non-heavyweight fights not only for 2023, but in the last couple of years at least.

Continue Reading

A veteran broadcaster of over 25 years, T.J. has been a fight fan longer than that! He’s the host of the “Big Fight Weekend” podcast and will go “toe to toe” with anyone who thinks that Marvin Hagler beat Sugar Ray Leonard or that Tyson, Lennox Lewis or Deontay Wilder could have beaten Ali!

Comments

More in Boxing News

Advertisement
To Top