Connect with us

Daniel Dubois “Ready To Make Statement” Against Bryan In June

Daniel Dubois "Ready To Make Statement" Against Bryan In June

News

Daniel Dubois “Ready To Make Statement” Against Bryan In June

Queensberry Promotions photo

Daniel Dubois “Ready To Make Statement” Against Bryan In June

British heavyweight contender Daniel Dubois is headed to the U.S. again, shortly, in a question to gain a secondary version of the heavyweight title. And, he wants everyone, including the American belt holder Trevor Bryan, to know that he’s ready to win, and big.

Dubois spoke to Queensberry Promotions’ video channel in an interview released Wednesday afternoon and says that he’s right on target to peak for his June 11th battle in South Florida with the WBA secondary champ Bryan,

 “It is about time and I have been waiting patiently for a while,” said Dubois. “It has been frustrating so I am glad to get it on, finally.

“I will definitely take it out on him with controlled aggression, that’s what works. I want to go in there to put on a boxing display and make a statement. I have been training pretty much non-stop, I have been in the gym and the other guys have been having fights and I have just been working away, but now it is on and I can’t wait to go out there and show what I am about.”

The 24 year old Dubois, 17-1, 16 KOs will face the 32 year old unbeaten, but largely untested Bryan (22-0, 15 KOs) on June 11th in Miami.

Bryan won the secondary WBA belt with 11th round stoppage of Bermane Stiverne and defended against Jonathan Guidry by decision back  in January.

As for Dubois, he suffered a TKO loss to fellow countryman Joe Joyce, but bounced back last August to destroy Joe Cusumano in Cleveland on the Jake Paul-Tyron Woodley undercard last August.

As, we wrote previously Don King won the March WBA purse bid ordered for the Bryan-DuBois matchup with a winning blind bid of $3.12 million. King, who’s promoted the likes of all-time greats like the late Muhammad Ali, Larry Holmes, and Mike Tyson over a 45+ year career has basically been out of the promotion of big time Heavyweight boxing for over 15 years. But, there has been debate, as to whether he actually has the financial capabilities to stage a grand scale fight/broadcast, etc.?

Nonetheless, the bout continues to move forward for Miami in two weeks.

As for Dubois, he said to Queensberry’s show in closing,

“We’ve been working on a few key things we’re going to use in the fight and it is all a work in progress. We’ve got a gameplan in mind but it is just about feeling it, really feeling it and I’m gonna get in there and make sure I’m on it this time.”

“No pressure, it is in Miami and that is the place to be. I can’t wait to get out there and put on a show. I am not at all fazed by being the away or home fighter, I am just going to take this opportunity with both hands.”

Heavy hands that he hopes land him a significant win soon.

A veteran broadcaster of over 25 years, T.J. has been a fight fan longer than that! He’s the host of the “Big Fight Weekend” podcast and will go “toe to toe” with anyone who thinks that Marvin Hagler beat Sugar Ray Leonard or that Tyson, Lennox Lewis or Deontay Wilder could have beaten Ali!

More in News

Advertisement
To Top