WBC Super Welterweight World Champion, JermellCharlo, was the second brother in action holding a virtual workout with the media on Tuesday, as he prepares for his 154 lb. unification bout with IBF/WBA champion JeisonRosario to close out the Showtime Pay-per-view doubleheader on September 26.
“After I lost in 2018, I told everyone that it just gave me jet fuel, and that when I come back, I’m coming back full throttle,” Charlo said at the virtual media session on Tuesday. That’s what I’m about. I have nothing to lose. I’m not letting him take anything from me.”
“I bounced back from that loss in 2018 last year, but there were still things I needed to learn and develop. We’re going to end 2020 with a bang. This is the Charlo show on SHOWTIME.
“I ended my last fight in the 11th round, so I’ve been able to finish in the later rounds,’ Charlo said.” Everyone knows I can end the fight early too. Rosario got his chance and won the titles, but I always felt I was the best fighter in the division.
When I’m at my best, I don’t see anyone that can compete with me. I always wanted all the belts, and I knew I was going to have to take them from somebody.”
“I’m even more dangerous than I was before. I’m an old school fighter right here. I’ve been dedicated to this game, and I’m not going anywhere. Stay out of my way, because I’m the man trucking things,” Charlo warned.
Marquis Johns is a unknown humorist and avid boxing fan. His love for the sweet science goes back to when matches were 15 rounds and has been covering fights since closed-circuit pay-per-views. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth is not only a quote by Mike Tyson, it's also a pretty good reminder to keep your guard up.