Tyson Fury Fires Back At Wilder- “He’ll Never Get Shot At Me- Finished”
Just over a week after being accused by former WBC Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder of having used a weighted object in his right glove during their February fight, current WBC champ, Tyson Fury, blasted back in an interview released Monday.
“We saw in the first fight, where a ring handler was pulling down your glove to put your fist in an improper position. Ya’ll tried the same method the second time (in February)…. it’s impossible for a brand new 10 oz glove to bend, to keep a smushed in form, or to have loose space.
I highly believe you put something hard in your glove. Something the size and the shape of an egg weight. That the reason the side of my head and my face swelled up in an egg weight form. And, it left a dent in my face as well.”
It’s been confirmed that not only was there a Nevada commission inspector, and a WBC representative watching Fury’s gloves put on about 30 minutes before the fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but that Wilder’s co-trainer, Jay Deas, was there watching it, too.
And so, Fury went on the offensive at the accusation Monday,
“Wilder has tried to bring my character down with the Bulls#*t he’s said. So, if I was like the rest of the world, I’d probably sue him for defamation of character for about $100 million. But, I’m not interested in doing that type of thing.
So, he’ll never get a shot at me, now.
Finished….for what he said. Losing is one thing. Everybody can lose to a better man. To come out with the amount of B.S. he’s come out with over the last 8 months? …He’s ridiculous. I don’t want to give him any air time.”
Also in the video, Fury made it clear that he was ready to fight Wilder first in July, the rescheduled tentative date in October and in the three dates that had been discussed in December for a potential fight with some fans present. But, that he’s now going to move on.
It is now believed that the biggest hold up for the Wilder-Fury III for December is that Wilder is not physically healthy enough to train and fight him next month.
So, Fury decided to move on with the December 5th date to fight likely in London against a lesser WBC fighter. Fury’s British co-promoter in England, Frank Warren, relayed last week that Kurdish – German Contender Agit Kabayel has been offered a contract but there’s yet to be a agreement.
Fury reportedly has a tentative 2 fight agreement with Unified Heavyweight Champ Anthony Joshua, provided that he defeats Kubrat Pulev next month.
As for Fury saying he’ll never fight Wilder, again?
Well, never is a really, really, long time.