The Top 10 Mike Tyson Quotes Explained
Mike Tyson is one of the most iconic and influential boxers of all time. Tyson’s legendary career in the ring was marked by his incredible power and agility, as well as his quick wit and sharp tongue outside of it. Over the years, Tyson has become known for his memorable quotes that reflect his unique perspective on life, love, and the world around him. Here are some of the best Mike Tyson quotes that have stood the test of time.
The 10 Best Mike Tyson Quotes Ever
- “I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there’s ever been. There’s no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever. There’s never been anybody as ruthless as me. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!”
This quote, delivered by Tyson during a press conference in 2000, is one of his most infamous. It shows his confidence in his abilities as a fighter and his willingness to do whatever it takes to win.
- “I’m not Mother Teresa. But I’m not Charles Manson, either.”
This quote shows Tyson’s awareness of his reputation as a controversial figure, but also his belief that he’s not as bad as people make him out to be.
- “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”
This quote has become a popular one in the world of boxing and beyond, as it speaks to the importance of adapting to unexpected challenges and staying focused even in the face of adversity.
- “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.”
This quote shows Tyson’s ambition and determination to never settle for less than what he wants.
- “Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can’t control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn.”
This quote reflects Tyson’s belief that fear can be a powerful motivator, but only if you learn to control it.
- “Everyone wants to be a beast until it’s time to do what beasts do.”
This quote speaks to the importance of putting in the work and staying committed even when it’s difficult, and how many people talk a big game but struggle to follow through.
- “I’m just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too.”
This quote shows Tyson’s relatability and vulnerability, and how he recognizes that everyone has their own struggles and temptations.
- “My main objective is to be professional but to kill him.”
This quote, delivered before a fight in 1986, shows Tyson’s focus on winning and his willingness to do whatever it takes to come out on top.
- “I’m not a role model. I’m a professional boxer.”
This quote shows Tyson’s belief that his primary responsibility is to perform in the ring, and that he shouldn’t be held up as a moral authority or example.
- “I’m Mike Tyson, I’m a professional fighter and I’m going to do what I have to do to get my money.”
This quote, delivered before a fight in 1996, shows Tyson’s commitment to his craft and his belief.